Skip to main content

About your Search

Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)
Dec 3, 2012 1:00pm PST
to encroach on the public right of way at 10niantic avenue. >> thank you, we have a rep from the department of public works. >> 10 nianic is a project that is very interesting in scope. they were issued a building permit around 2005 for the construction of a single unit building. at that point i would like to provide you with this overhead. at that point the building permits show a property line that is in this initial triangular section as you can see here. and the building permit was approved by review by planning along with the building department. we received the package for the improvements right of way and proceeded with the review. we were informed afterwards that in 2000 as part of another development, title was acquired for this hatched portion of the public right of way and transferred to the city as public right of way. therefore, we have found out that the building was now constructed approximately 3 feet over the prompt -- property line on the ground floor and 6 feet over the property line via the bay window. at that point we informed the applicant you have one of two cho
Dec 3, 2012 1:30pm PST
. there are no sidewalks along panama. there has been comments from the public related to the lack of travel on niantic street as relates to access to the bart station. i know the department of public works is currently working with the california department of public transportation, with caltrans, to see whether a sidewalk can be constructed adjacent to the freeway side of niantic. it is under continued discussion with caltrans at this point. honestly from the department's perspective, we were given this information kind of after the fact, after the building permit was approved, after construction had begun and well underway before we found out this issue. really there is only one of two alternatives right now to the property owner barring the demolition of this building. one is the major encroachment permit which is in front of you. the alternative is to vacate or purchase that portion of the right of way so that it's part of their building, part of their property now, and then they would be made -- then the applicant and the city would be made whole by them paying a fair market value for this p
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)